Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Voice Recognition Software



For some time now I have been considering buying voice recognition software because it seems to me that I'm likely to be able to talk faster than I can type. Okay, it doesn't just seem to me that I can do that, I happen to know it for a fact. So today I started looking for voice recognition software. I started by looking for freeware because I work on a limited budget and if I could find something that would work for me at least half decently and I could get for free, it would probably be my best choice. I was not surprised to find that there are very few freeware options when it comes to voice recognition software. However, I was very surprised to find out that there is actually free voice recognition software built in to Windows 7.

This has to be one of the best hidden secrets that I have ever encountered. It seems like this is the sort of thing that they would widely advertised (and looking back, maybe they did) but obviously it did not stick too well in my mind. In any event, now that I'm aware of it I plan to use it. Only time will tell if this will work out as a good solution for me. There are no doubt better engines out there, but for now it is free and I'll see if I can make it work.

And yes, I did record this blog entry using the windows 7 speech recognition software (and with relatively few corrections needed).

No comments:

Post a Comment